Wednesday 20 May 2009

New Lens, & Traffic seeker

#131 British Aviation
http://www.squidoo.com/british-aviation

Stuck with a case of writer's block I thought I'd get down to the rather dull project of creating a lensography for my aviation lenses. They are getting a little out of hand since I've made quite a few...

And on to TrafficSeeker.

Right, I was happy enough to register it. First impressons of the registered version were mixed.
1) It shows all the search engines you get with Platinum, so you have to manually cull these to a level that your Pro version will submit to. However having seen what the extra engines are (e.g. a Russian specific search engine and FFA networks) I will not be buying Platinum.

2) If you submit to all the ones you can (about 200,000) it takes a lot of time. The scheduler and Bulk Submit are likely to be vital.

3) Spidering your site produces A LOT of extraneous links. With my site, which has content across multiple domains, it was better to set it up manually.

The first test is still running. However my reason for registering it was simple - a mild boost in lensrank for the site I used it against, and even if I only use it for search engines and not all the extras it wil save a lot of time.

Overall so far I'd give it a tentative four/five. Hopefully once I get the scheduler set up that will increase.

No comments: