Tuesday 22 November 2011

Squidoo referrals button in a module.

I've made a change across all the squidoo LensLove modules, adding a Join Squidoo button. Most of my lenses have no sign up button, but the ones that do get a lot of referrals, so it seemed a good (and unobtrusive) place to put one across all my titles. I also added a Digg button, although at the moment that does little more than open Digg in a new window.

I'm looking at adding a few distinct buttons to the bookmark module, including Tweet, just to make things easier for users. After all if I had to click through three times just to get to the bookmark site I want to use, I wouldn't, so why ask my users to?
Regarding ebooks, Early Railways just had its 500th Smashwords download. The story of Brunel's Atmospheric Railway, the Surrey Iron Railway and a few others it is my second most popular lens companion.
I'm still working on the Great Western re-release. Every time I get down to it, something else comes up.

No comments: