Monday 22 March 2010

A small problem and an injury

I've been feeling a bit light headed all day. Despite that I got everything done and finally slumped in front of my PC about half an hour ago. Which was when I touched my head and pulled away a red hand. And then I remembered what I'd done at the weekend and that there was a reason I should be taking it easy.

Hearing what I thought was one of the cats getting into a fight, I dashed off to retrieve him. The retrieval was successful, but as I straightened up, hampered by a twenty *ahem* pound cat, I stepped back to keep my balance. Which was when the chestnut tree walloped me in the head as the other cat jumped out of it.

I have a nice raised red line across my forehead, an onimous grey shadow behind it, and apparently scrapes to the scalp which I just found the messy way. The last time I felt this bad I was concussed, and that's still a possibility. In the future I should probably avoid cats and gardens.

What really worries me is that I sent out another submission this morning, and the way I'm feeling I don't think there's any guarantee it's particularly lucid. So to the poor agent out there, if you get an oddly disjointed and outright weird query letter, I apologise.

No comments: