Wednesday 3 March 2010

An email problem - and technorati oddness

I've just found out that the reason I have not received my emails from several sources over the past few months is that emails through that provider are not arriving. Effectively it is a dead email address.

This took some tracking down as emails sent from my own IP address or webmail address get through. Unfortunately they are the only ones. This has cost me at least two clients, and I am furious. Right now I am trying to recover the situation, but it is likely to cost me more before the end of this month since I can't contact everyone - several people were supposed to send their contact details to that address.

Back to hotmail.

On the other hand, at least I have somewhere to send all my spam. Fortunately I did not use that email address for any manuscript submissions, although my professional memberships all have to be updated.

And on to technorati. For anyone who doesn't know technorati is a rating system for blogs. It rates the blog based on followers, links, and popularity. Rather typically, I've worked pretty hard on this blog, and it has a grand total authority of 1 (one).

My cats' blog (http://stephen-and-matilda.blogspot.com) is at 113. Now I haven't exactly promoted this, and it's just quick stories about the two wannabe rulers of my life.

I'm confused.

No comments: