Friday 26 March 2010

It's the waiting that's a killer...

Everything on my life right now seems to depend on waiting. To give you an idea, I am selling a flat and waiting to hear from potential buyers after viewing, waiting to hear interview results, and on top of that I have two novels currently sitting with publishers and agents. So as I checked my email for the third (probably closer to thirtieth) time today, I realised this is getting ridiculous. It's very difficult to work on another novel, when every time the door goes, the phone rings or you even think that someone might have emailed you, you immediately check and *poof* there goes your train of thought.

Since I've now get 42 items on Bukisa and need a break from rewrites, I took some time away from the PC and spent the morning clearing stinging nettles to get the vegetable patch ready for this year. Both because it needed to be done, and because its the furthest away from house and PC I can get without going out. Unfortunately, since I'm waiting on the plants I put in last week to sprout, even gardening now involves waiting!

On the short story front, since a Perfect Set-Up did so well (34 views on Redgage in the first hour) I've starting promoting Escape - Part One.

I just hope I hear something soon on at least one of these fronts as the silence is very hard to bear.

No comments: