Saturday 13 June 2009

Twitter, bit.ly and two articles on PCI DSS

Well, I've thrown a couple of articles onto Bukisa about the PCI DSS standard. Since I don't have any lenses on the subject it's a good chance to see how well my content does as a stand-alone article.

An Introduction to PCI-DSS A brief introduction to the standard for securing credit card details for e-commerce.
The TJX data-breach case A brief chronology and background to one of the largest data breaches in recent years, compromising 45M credit cards.

Twitter is proving interesting - I have hooked most of my content (and this blog) into it as feeds, and actually sold somethig through Zazzle which I was not expecting. Unfortunately Twitterfeed, which sends the RSS from each site to Twitter is proving rather erratic and instead of updating once an hour is waiting until about six and dumping everything up at once. The joys of teething problems...

The other thing I will say is that if it wasn't for twitter I wouldn't have found Bit.ly which I am now using to shorten URLs rather than tinyURL. The tracking and visit records are very useful.

No comments: