Saturday 20 June 2009

#165 The Royal Observatory

#165 The Royal Observatory
http://www.squidoo.com/royal-observatory


I'll say this: target 200 is certainly getting my Work-in-Progress lenses down! This lens, about the Royal Observatory in London, has been on the back burner for a while, (largely due to the stinking cold they gave me when I went across London to visit the site) so I thought I'd bite the bullet and finish it.

I'm not that unhappy with how it turned out - careful cropping and camera angles hides the scaffolding in most cases and allposters supplied enough images to fill the gaps.

To be honest though, the Observatory disappointed me. Last time I was there, it was independant and the staff loved to talk astronomy and science with anyone who would listen. Now it just seems to be more of a tourist show. As an aside, I do wish museums would realise that all the interactive computer light shows in the world can't make a subject as interesting as someone who can talk about it with passion and bring it to life.

No comments: