Wednesday 21 October 2009

Mosquito Images alert

I think I've finally got linking working and have started adding a few images from the datafeed to the de Havilland Mosquito page. One of the best is this cutaway view of the Mosquito Mark II:


Unfortunately it doesn't have a preview image available, or it would be straight on the lens, since its a mechanic's dream. It takes a bit of time to set these links up, so it might be several days before they appear on my other lenses. The problem is that neither squidoo nor google sites allow script or PHP links, which are the default. Getting a link set up required playing with the datafeed to get an HTML format set up. Let me know what you think.

For images like the one on the left from £9.99, it definitely seems worth the hassle though.

Currently I'm just running through adding a text link to each collection's homepage. Then I need to see which ones I can get preview images for from the datafeed and add them (how I did the Mosquito lens).

It's also a chance for me to try and deal with the cats who have discovered that they can get into the boiler cupboard. Burnt cat's fur smells horrible, so I'm trying to avoid it.

No comments: