Monday 26 October 2009

A general update

My time is currently being taken up with a sick cat. Thankfully, he now seems to be on the mend, and I can get back to writing, making lenses and work (the thing that puts food on the table and cat food in the bowl).

The novel is now at a publisher, and sitting with a few agents to see if I get any feedback. I was somewhat disappointed with one such contact, who I had submitted two items to and got two identical rejection emails. However they looked too identical, so I also checked the mime headers and properties on the email. It appears to be auto-generated, possibly on a timer from date of receipt. The timestamps on both certainly make for an interesting comparison. This doesn't give me any great hope that they actually read it. So if you're an agent, I know that you get hundreds of manuscripts through daily, but please be honest if you aren't going to read them or aren't accepting submissions right now. It saves me time on stamps and emails.

I've put together a Stephen and Matilda lens about the cats to try nand ease myself back into it.

The travelling squid is causing me a problem. The memory card in my camera was broken, so when I took the shots it saved them into memory. However I now can't get them out to send them on for the blog. ARGH!

No comments: