Sunday 19 July 2009

Zimbio

I had a suggestion that I should start adding my content to Zimbio, the wikizine article.

Zimbio works by users submitting articles which are then adding to various zines set up by other users. Each article can nly be submitted to one 'zine for obvious reasons (stops spamers)

It can take automated feed from blogs so you don't have to rewrite your article each time. Unfortunately, these feeds are of variable quality e.g. I just went through manually adjusting the articles for any squidoo links I uploaded. The bukisa feed is less than ideal as it only pulls in the ratings bar, so it you use it have a paragraph or two ready from your article to enter through the edit screen. The blog feed? I'm sure its great, but my blog content (being personal ramblings about marketing) isn't really suitable for 'zines. The Redgage feed works pretty much perfectly however.

Does it work? I started setting it up yesterday and I'm already getting traffic so I'd say yes. Its pretty obvious, but the trick seems to be taking the time to find the right wikizines.

The other new thing was adding blogrankings to my blog. This site assesses blogs based on visitors and updates and assigns a rank. I'm languishing in the three hundreds, although we have already found that some visits don't appear to register - we suspect that if multiple people are on the same IP or using IP masking it doesn't count them, but we haven't confirmed this.

The new buttons for Zimbio and Blogrankings are on the side of the blog.

No comments: