Monday 13 July 2009

And the update goes on

This is taking some time. My apologies to anyone on twitter since I had not realised my update would be pulling in every page as I updated it (It's meant to show one an hour at most...)

On the other hand, the Avro Vulcan video showcase is now looking much better. Its still not my greatest lens, but it has links to the Amazon.co.uk DVDs and actually has some working videos on it. Then again, it was my first squidvids lens and it really was showing its age. Several of the others should look a bit fresher as well!

Might actually be getting involved with this new charity panel for Squidoo, so I'll fill in more details as I get them.

Also Squidoo are running a competition to give one squidoo charity $3000 - see here for details: win $3000. (I just wish a few of the ones I support would sign up. I'm getting tired of pulling the funds out of paypal and wandering across to their charity pot.)

Finally, for anyone interested, an update on Trafficseeker: Frankly it's been a godsend. Trying to manage 200 lenses and assorted sites on the search engines was a nightmare. I've had the entire lot automated for several weeks and it really has helped.

The automation tool is very powerful, but the cut down version with the Pro version which is limited to ten automated projects and 200,000 submissions at a time, really is too small for what we are working on. We are currently duscussing whether to upgrade to the Enterprise edition, which would allow me to set up everything as automated projects.

The Pro version would be fine if you have eight or ten websites (or groups of lenses) to submit. Once you get more or if you are doing this commercially, you are likely to need something larger. I'll give an update on what we decide.

No comments: