Monday 5 July 2010

Going a bit mad

My nerves are killing me. No matter how many distractions I plan or how hard I work in the garden, I still keep dreaming about rejection letters. My waking moments are filled with worry that the manuscript:
  1. has been lost in the post
  2. is stuck in the slushpile
  3. gets an auto-reject from someone who doesn't realise it was requested
  4. isn't what they are looking for
I think this is called going a bit mad.

We also hear back today about the flat sale, which is not helping my state of mind. We're at the point of actually pulling out, and that's not something we thought we'd ever say. When the management company, having met the new buyer, requests that we don't sell and let the place ourselves you know it's not just us who think the buyer's being unreasonable. Before we jump through any more hoops there will need to be a show of good faith on their side. I'm even getting money out of savings in case we do wind up having to redo and let it ourselves.

And all of this blows up at 11:00 today.

Update: Oh who didn't see this coming? The flat buyer has now decided that he wants the electrical survey done after all - and while a neutral electrician works on the place and the owners are at work, he and his plasterer can have a look round to price up the redecoration.

No. Not until he buys the flat. It's been gas-checked, damp-checked, prodded, poked and everything else. We've done more than we needed to or were required to. If he wants to redecorate, he can buy it first.

No comments: