Monday 19 July 2010

A busy day yesterday

A very busy day doing bits and bobs. There were a few highlights.

Going through boxes from our house move, we found the old mobiles to trade. It was a surprise to find that our local CEX is not only a lot simpler to use than envirophone, they pay more. We also cleared a lot more space.

We also took the chance to visit a market and street fair for a day out, which was fun, but did result in an slightly awkward moment. One of my friends through it would be a good idea to buy these: Giggly Pigs WowWow Sausages. Now, I've tried samples before and they've been hot but managable, so after they got home and cooked, I took a small bite from the offered portion.

OK. The ones in the packet, sealed and wrapped, are several times hotter then I remembered. A few pints of milk and a couple of hours later and my eyes were still watering. That's when we looked up the ingredients: chilli, chilli, and even hotter chilli. And some pork. He's taking a sample into work for a colleague who claims he's neverfound anything hot enough. I'm awaiting the report this evening.

They are nice, if you like hot food, but make sure you have water on hand. Even my Thai-food loving husband had to eat these sparingly!

No comments: