Tuesday 29 June 2010

This week.

If last week was a rollercoaster, this week can be summed up as worry. I find myself second guessing everything I did last week: Did I address it to the right department? Is it sitting lost forever in a slushpile somewhere? Are they going to be interested? Is it really what they are looking for?

It's ridiculous of course, but knowing that does not make it any easier.

I've done the basic housekeeping, putting a promotion plan in black and white in case they ask, getting twitter and other infrastructure ready for a launch, looking into self publishing and distribution. The fact remains all this work doesn't actually achieve anything until I know where I stand with the book.

They said I'd know in four weeks. I'm hoping it's a yes. I'm also hoping they can make it sooner, since my nerves are shot.

No comments: