Thursday 17 June 2010

Cats and targets

The cats are at the vets, and not happy about it. We get them back this afternoon, fully recovered hopefully.

Meanwhile I'm back to working on the writing. My sales target for Year 1: 5,000.

It's going to be tricky. Because of the way Bewrite works my access to my standard distribution channels (which got the self-published works sales up into the thousands) is restricted. Therefore it is going to be promotion and marketing that matter.

At the moment I am simply at the stage of telling everyone I know that a book is coming out. The problem is that I find myself running into issues with endorsements and similar because the publisher is in Canada and I am UK based - sending out galleys and such is proving complicated.

On the other hand I have been asked for ideas about the cover, which is also a problem as I frankly have no idea. I'd like to avoid the formulaic aircraft-and-big flame approach.

No comments: