Thursday 24 June 2010

An interesting week.

If you'd told me the Monday before last about this week, I'd never have believed you. Try "Rollercoaster" for an example of how I feel right now.

You see my book was let go, not because it got too little interest, but because it got too much. Apparently since the publisher had switched to POD and ebook, they usually do a soft launch and let it build.

Enter me, with experience of marketing my own books, links to distributors, and a lot of media experience, who started gearing up on promo at the start of the week...

There was a bit of a mismatch, to be blunt. On Tuesday my book was released by mutual consent, with the advice that I really needed a print house because of the demand for ARCs and similar.

On Wednesday the manuscript went back out to agents and I got a lead on a publisher. Today I spent getting the whole thing into the publisher's in-house format and submitted it.

Frankly I'm still a bit stunned. Monday morning I was booking promos, now I'm hunting publishers.

But the book, will be coming out, even if I have to self-publish. I've put too much effort into this one to let it sink!

No comments: