Tuesday 15 June 2010

Testimonials and endorsements.

And now I am on the road, hunting for endorsements and testimonials which can make or break a book. The problem I have is that I got a number of subject matter experts to contibute (and they were extremely helpful, so thank you very much for handling all my endless queries), but these are not necessarily the people you can ask for endorsements.

Very few have a profile in Canada, or even outside aviation in the UK. The one that does has a policy of not endorsing products, after being badly burned some years back. I got the help and sanity check in return for not asking.

So now I’m digging back through my address book to find anyone I know who might be able to help. And on top of this my nerves are kicking in, and the little voice of sanity is busy telling me that I can’t possibly bother anyone important about my little book.

I’m going to, of course. Ater all, all they can say is no, and to get this far towards publication, believe me you get used to hearing “no”. You just can’t let it stop you.

(On the practical side, if you can think of anyone who might be interested, please drop me a note. Bound manuscripts can be supplied if required.)

And don't forget the Gatwick Aviation Museum Open day this weekend! I don't know how I can be thinking about endsorsements, when I'm so nervous I just checked they actually wanted to be mentioned in the thanks.

No comments: