Friday 16 January 2015

Red Queen's Race

Red Queen's Race

Sometimes with technology it seems like you are running a red queen;s race, where you have to run as fast as you can to stay in the same place.
  • Wordpress disabled iframes, so I have to send time fixing that bug (and it is a bug not a feature)...
  • An antivirus that's worked for years starts popping up ads and acting more like malware than a removal tool...
  • To get private browsing - assumed with almost all previous browsers - you now have to hack into them and delete the built in tracking codes...
  • To get actual search results with useful content it is now a case of wandering off to duckduckgo and various others - unless I want google to try and steer me to rubbish for children I don't have and fashion I don't care about (or try to sell me Asian slave girls/"companions" which is both very disturbing and makes me wonder if it thinks they are for children).
And now thatguywiththeglasses, a useful website for finding video review content, has turned into channelawesome, several producers have left, the layout means I have to hunt for content, and I've ended up bookmarking everyone I follow separately. And then it came out that they didn't pay the video producers anyway. I had honestly thought they were getting a cut of the traffic, but it seems not.
2015 - a year of interesting revelations, and I think, new starts for a lot of people. Including me.
This blog has moved to http://www.rablogs.co.uk/tirial where the original articles can be found.

No comments: