Wednesday 8 February 2012

Zurker

Yep, I just joined zurker. It's a new social network where users are also owners.

So far it hasn't done the Facebook or Google thing of asking for too many personal details. I've left most of my profile blank - I don't discuss my hobbies or interests with people I work with face to face, so why would I want to talk to them about it online? - and it hasn't complained.

I will be curious to see how they handle single valid addresses though. If they use the US thing of one-computer-one-IP, instead of one-network-one-IP, they could be in for a shock. I signed up from a multi-user, multi-PC site with one exposed IP - a proxy. How they handle it will be interesting.

It does seem to offer circles and some basic connections. I won't be putting my IP (intellectual property) directly on there, simply because it doesn't offer me anything for it, unlike squidoo etc and I have bills to pay.

Have a look here: zurker.

If you are more sociable than me it might work for you.

No comments: