Monday 27 February 2012

Hatchery and game

I'm rather happy. There was only one problem with the game over the weekend, a login issue. For an alpha that only just went into testing one bug isn't bad. And it wasn't my code! The login database, the only thing I didn't create because I have a longstanding string/array preference, had a corruption problem and went down. If you signed up for the game at the weekend and now can't get in, please drop me a note through the comments on this blog entry and I'll fix it. I won't publish your comment.

It does make me wonder though, since the only reason I was looking at moving to a database was robustness, and the database is so far the only component that has failed. The knock-on effect? I'm looking for a flatfile forum to wire in. For the moment, there's a remotely hosted Nabble forum available on the site at Beach cafe.

Mentioning forums, by the way, the forum for the hatchery has gone. Dealing with the spammers was too much of an overhead, since there were so few legitimate users, so we've taken it down to save bandwidth and storage space.

No comments: