Thursday 23 February 2012

Voice control?

tESTING OUT - sorry, testing out a freeware voice control mod for web navigation. The basics are fine, but there are a few glitches. On Squidoo's control panel is actually easier to go directly to a workshop that try to negotiate through the mouseovers that make the links visible.

I'll update if I can get this working, but since hotkeys still require keyboard use and my hands are killing me after all the coding recently, I really want an alternative.

Interestingly, it's breaking on squidoo's dashboard. When I ask it to load that it keep hanging until I turn the Viavoice on and off.

So I cut out the dashboard (use the invaluable lens list off squidutils) and removed half the problems. The other set are to do with American software and a British accent...

I think I've got it - the trick seems to be to avoid the dashboard, speak very slowly, and wait until each page has loaded completely. Just because I can see it doesn't mean the voice access can find it.

No comments: