Tuesday 31 January 2012

Updates, ereaders and lousy customer service

Down with tonsillitis, so my coding is slower, and blogging much vaguer. (After fifteen years of this, I have tendons like piano-wire anyway so a slowdown might be a good idea).

The hatchery will be getting an automatic adult remove after I finally figured it out last night. 3am fever dreams are good for something :)

The Smashwords Reader in php may end up being the real one, since the next bit of feedback was "What have you sent to T? He's sitting in front of the computer clicking and giggling and clicking." I swear, I only sent him a Reader link with his book in it. Which doesn't mean that was what he was looking at, but is still promising.

However being ill does allow me time to be a complete pain to certain deserving individuals:

I got a gift for Christmas - not something I'd have chosen to buy, but with a thirty day guarantee "if it doesn't work for you, money back". When I went to return the product - it was dreadful, ineffective and badly designed - it turns out that not only has the giver well overspent on the agreed amount, but the company in the small print stopped the guarantee right after christmas. A mis-selling case, perhaps?

I've spoken to them. The first CR said I could return it, the second said I couldn't and then said she'd escalate it to Head Office and I should expect a phone call. It's been five days, and my rating on the product has gone from 1-2 stars (it's really not good) to -1 from trying to deal with their customer service.

Braun - a faster way to get 2mm designer stubble is just not to shave: it's cheaper and you don't have to deal with their customer service reps.

No comments: