Friday 12 February 2010

Another no? Who knows?

I got back from work today to find a slip through the door stating that the postman had tried to deliver something, but it would not fit and was back at the sorting office. As usual for the local post, it had been delivered after the sorting office had closed for the day, so I can't pick it up until tomorrow.

Now we aren't expecting anything so this looks like it's another one of my packs coming back, probably with a rejection. However it got me thinking: I know what a rejection looks like - the pack I sent out shoved into the envelope I included with either a form slip or a personal letter attached stating their regrets - but I have absolutely no idea what an acceptance or request for a full manuscript looks like. Does the agent still return the full pack, or just drop a single letter back requesting a full printout and keep the query for their records? Do they email? I honestly have no idea, although I'd love to find out!

This is a really odd situation for someone with books in print. Seriously, if anyone out there would like to let me know or drop a comment, my nerves would thank you.

Meanwhile I will go back to going quietly crazy behind my PC screen, biting my nails to the quick and wondering what's at the post office.

No comments: