Tuesday 15 September 2009

Squidoo payments - and glitches?

Something's not right here.

The blue box for this month has turned up. It's the first month's payments to include infolinks on Squidoo, and had a message stating "it's true lensmasters willing to give them a spin are seeing a boost in payments."

Except that I, along with a number of other lensmasters, found our revenues actually decreased. Some have stated they are down by $60-70 (More here). What is really odd is that the lenses where I left infolinks on earned less than the couple where I turned them off!

There are a few people saying that the blue boxes are glitchy, but since the money's come across that seems unlikely.

I'll update if more comes up, but at the moment I'm pretty glad that I've been writing elsewhere and not putting all my time on that one site!

In better news, Redgage also made one of my uploads featured content, (the video of the Bournemouth airshow) and the google sites I did are starting to get some visitors.

I might migrate my steam train content off Squidoo to its own site. I've been thinking about it for a while, and frankly it would probably make more sense right now.

Signing out for the moment, with some thinking to do about where I publish online content.

No comments: