Saturday 17 December 2011

Smashwords widgets

I'm busy coding again. A few widgets for Smashwords to display books etc, which are now in closed beta. I'd forgotten what a pain cross-browser issues could be , but on the bright side Smashwords have been very helpful indeed.

For anyone wondering about the API issue with accessing the data, I can confirm that the API is not currently in use. However I have built my own feeds, and if you want to do any dev work of your own with them, drop me a line. For example I don't code Python or Flash, but if someone wanted to build a Google App or Flash widget using the RSS, I'll happily throw it open. Just let me know, since it is currently on a test server, so too much load is not a good idea...

There's a fan button also available, and some more tools coming shortly.

No comments: