Saturday 9 May 2015

London Riots (Again? Really?)

So, just at the start of Thatcher’s government there are riots at the start of Cameron’s. It is disappointing – no matter whether you like the election result or not (I don’t) the right-wingers sucked it up under Blair for 13 years without this kind of rubbish.  The left-wing need to do the same.  

Can’t help thinking that this:
Charlotte Church plans makeover of £1M home

is linked to this:
Charlotte Church “Mad as hell” as she joins Cardiff protest following Conservative majority

Or perhaps not. After all it’s not as if z-list, sorry former b-list celebrities ever mouth off about politics when they ne ed a higher profile or have something to sell…

I’m sure I can’t think of any recent comedian examples.

(And insulting my grandmothers and your own – “Tory Scum”? Some of those WWII women helped found the NHS for heaven’s sake!  – does nothing to make your point of view dearer.)

And as for this claim that Labour would be better? Ha!

I watched Blair and Brown slam part-time teachers and agency nurses when trying to hit IT contractors who simply went overseas (IR35). I watched them destroy the entire industry I worked in and sell my UK client relationships to big business (not to mention resurrecting a law that specifically targets female business owners by assuming their income is their husband’s – S660). Cameron& #8217;s now allowing a new law that will destroy the rest of my rebuilt business – #EUVAT, due to be rolled out to all online sales next year – which has just removed the entire US customer base I’d built to replace the UK one. I’m burned out. I just don’t care anymore.

There is absolutely no point in trying to build a small business in this country. After 13 years of Labour and 5 years of the Con/Dems I’m damned if I can tell the difference.

Bitter? Oh hell yeah. But I’m not destroying people’s workplaces and homes, or insulting dead women.

I’m just not sure I can pick myself up and try to rebuild a company for the third time in fifteen years either.


This blog has now moved to http://www.rablogs.co.uk/tirial, where the original article can be found.  London Riots (Again? Really?) - http://rablogs.co.uk/tirial/2015/05/09/london-riots-again-really/ was published on May 9, 2015 at 8:04 pm.

No comments: