Monday 7 December 2009

Why vote? A new lens

http://www.squidoo.com/why-vote
Why should you vote? Election myths exploded


A new lens (I think it's number 237, but I may be wrong) about voting and British elections. I did this one because there is an election coming up in 2010, and frankly what I keep hearing locally is people saying they won't vote because it won't change anything.

Since that sounds rather like the counsel of despair, I thought I'd knock a few of the myths that keep coming up on the head. I've rounded up the worst of the ideas that seem to contribute to this view and put them in the lens, with details of why they are flawed.

The lens itself was a test, and will probably grow, but it got such a good reception when I put it up (thanks prosperity66!) that I thought I might leave it for a while.

No comments: